Summer is just around the corner! As much as we welcome the warm weather, the beach, barbeques, and outdoor sports, when it comes to our fleet, the hot summer temperatures can cause us lots of problems if our trucks are not properly prepared.
Are your trucks ready for extreme summer weather?
Prepare your fleet with these 5 summer maintenance tips:
- Clean out the fuel system and use a premium diesel fuel. When carbon deposits build up inside the injectors, the result can be blocked filters and reduced mpg. Using a multi-functional diesel fuel will help keep your fuel injectors clean and provide corrosion protection.
- Check your tire pressure! If your tires are over or under-inflated, they can cause poor mpg and result in uneven tire wear. In extreme summer temperatures, tires with too much pressure can even explode if they become too hot. Make time to check your tire pressures every week.
- Don’t forget about your batteries! In the summer, it’s most important to maintain batteries in good condition as summer heat typically kills batteries 33% faster than in winter and can cause corrosion on its plates and other damage.
- Regularly replace all fuel and air filters and make sure to follow the instructions in the owner’s manual. Clogged fuel and air filters can greatly reduce fuel economy.
- Make sure to check your storage tanks for bacteria and moisture. The presence of microbial growth can be very destructive for your fuel and tanks. A premium blended diesel fuel like the diesel fuel we provide can help prevent this issue as it works to control moisture.
If you follow these tips, your trucks should be ready to provide an optimal summer performance, even if this summer turns into the hottest, stickiest, most humid summer ever! Your trucks will be ready to run even though you will be ready to swim! Contact us today for more information!