As the world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the Coronavirus, we want to assure you that Diesel Direct is also monitoring the status on a nationwide basis and updating our safety and health processes and communications as the situation continues to develop.
To minimize risk to our employees, customers, visitors, and any others, our Business Continuity and Safety Team has set forth the following processes and guidelines, following recommendations from local, state and federal government authorities:
Diesel Direct's national network of delivery branches, supply locations, and partners have always ensured we can serve you and we will continue to do so through this event. Our real-time cloud-based technology both on our trucks and in our back office ensures that business can be conducted, you get your fuel when and where you want it, and all transactions are securely available on our Fuel Intelligence portal, which can be accessed from anywhere.
Our Diesel Direct Experience Team is always available to you 7-24-365 to assist you with questions regarding our safety and business continuity practices.
- Each of our 4 Regional Headquarters are in contact with those authorities and are following local and regional briefings
- Our 4 Regional Headquarters are following safety and health guidelines including disinfecting all areas and promoting safe distance workspaces, as well as providing every individual with hand sanitizing solution
- Each of our 50+ branches are following the same health guidelines
- Adherence to all travel restrictions and states of emergency declarations
- Advising office workers to stay home if they are ill, and contact their doctor if they feel they have virus symptoms
- Our Business Continuity program includes the availability of additional drivers, supervisors, and trucks to locations in the event of an outbreak in a particular area