As winter weather continues to wreak havoc across the country, it's important for diesel fleet owners and operators to take necessary precautions to protect their vehicles and equipment from the harsh conditions. With the arctic blast expected to hit this weekend, it's crucial to be prepared for the extreme temperatures and ensure that your diesel vehicles are ready to withstand the elements.
Diesel Direct, a leading fuel delivery and management company, is here to help. Our experts have years of experience in the industry and can provide valuable tips and recommendations to help you keep your vehicles running smoothly during these freezing temperatures. Here are some of our top maintenance tips to keep in mind:
- Keep Fuel Tanks Full: In extremely cold temperatures, fuel can gel, clogging filters and causing engine damage. Keeping your fuel tanks at least half full can help reduce the risk of gelling.
- Install Heaters: If you're operating in a region that experiences particularly harsh winter weather, it may be a good idea to install fuel heaters. These heaters can help keep your fuel tanks and diesel fuel warm, reducing the risk of gelling.
- Change Filters Regularly: Regular filter changes can help reduce the risk of clogging and improve engine performance during the winter months. Make sure to use high-quality filters that are specifically designed for diesel fuel.
- Check and Replace Batteries: Cold temperatures can drain batteries faster than warm weather, making it more difficult to start your vehicle. Checking and replacing batteries before the storm hits can help reduce the risk of stranded vehicles.
- Check out our high-performing fuel additive to counteract complications from cold, inclement weather. Winter’z Edge® is formulated as a powerful diesel fuel emergency treatment, helping to melt frozen fuel filters and restore fuel to a liquid state. https://dieseldirect.com/news/...
By taking these simple steps, you can help protect your diesel vehicles and ensure that they're ready to handle the arctic blast this weekend. For more information about diesel maintenance and fuel delivery give us a call (888) 900-7787. We're always here to help!