There has never been a bigger demand for truck drivers than right now, allowing for ample opportunities to find a stable career. With the Covid-19 pandemic causing a disruption in the workforce, Diesel Direct has been consistently hiring qualified CDL drivers to join our team. As a fast-growing company, we are located nationwide and always looking to grow our team of amazing drivers.
Being a Diesel Direct truck driver comes with many perks. Here, you’ll be able to enjoy a friendly, family-oriented work culture that has competitive benefit packages. We are not over-the-road drivers, and we guarantee that you will be home every night. We reward safety by giving monetary bonuses for safe driving. There is also a clothing allowance and company provided uniforms. You’ll also be driving in nice, clean trucks!
- Contact us. We ask for candidates to submit their resume online or via email so that we can connect you to the appropriate branch manager. This is where a preliminary interview happens: we explain what the job entails and try to get an understanding of what the candidate is looking for. If all goes well, we will give the candidate an application to fill out.
- Fill out an application. Preferred applicants will have commercial driving experience. We will prioritize drivers with a Class A or B CDL with a tanker and hazmat endorsements, TWIC Card and Medical Card. However, we will work with qualified applicants to obtain endorsements and cards as needed.
- Upon submitting your application, an offer letter will be drawn up and ready to sign.
- We will conduct a background check and send you for a drug test after the offer is signed.
- There will be an in-house road test scheduled by one of our branch managers.
- If the results are positive, we will schedule your orientation/start date. Our orientation introduces the drivers to our company with a series of video watching, test-taking, and opportunities to shadow another driver.
Don’t have your CDL?
We understand that cost can be an obstacle for many people considering getting their CDL. With that in mind, our company is willing to cover the cost of the licensing fee for the right candidate, and the necessary endorsements to get started as a CDL driver. You can locate a training school near you by clicking here.
In order to enroll in CDL training school you must:
- Be at minimum of 21 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a safe driving record
- Have a social security card
It is highly recommended that you do not drive with an expired license. Renewing a CDL license is a simple process and depends on the state of the original licensing. Each state establishes the length of the license cycle. DMV.org has the list of requirements for renewal by state. Typically, the requirements for renewal include filling out an application and paying all applicable license renewal fees.
We want to make the transition from driving school to the field as seamless as possible. Our operation teams work together to give new drivers 3 weeks of paid training to help them learn the business. There is a bright future in this industry, and we know by investing our time to train and nurture our drivers the right way, we improve the overall driver experience.
Diesel Direct has many opportunities for our drivers to gain the necessary experience to advance their career in truck driving and fuel delivery. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us a message on our social pages – we want to help in any way that we can. Here we grow again!